This is a photograph from the 1930s of Morin Brick Workers.
The son of French Canadian immigrants, John Morin and his family founded Morin Brick Co. in 1912. Using the clay-like soil of the Androscoggin region, Morin Brick made bricks that were used in the construction of Colby and Bates Colleges, Boston’s City Hall, and various buildings in Lewiston-Auburn and the greater Androscoggin County. The machine pictured molded the raw clay into precise brick forms. The wet bricks were then sent to the drying sheds. This method was less grueling than the process of making each brick by hand.